This delicious Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread Recipe is easy to make and super healthy! You can use organic ingredients and make this banana nut bread even healthier.
– 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup of flax seed meal (or you can grind flex seed)
– about 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
– 3/4 cup of brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– about 7 tablespoons of water (you might need more, depends on the quality of your whole wheat flour, weather, and etc.)
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
– Pam spray
– Optional: ground cinnamon inside batter
HOW TO MAKE IT:
Preheat oven to 325 F.
In the KitchenAid Mixer bowl add eggs, vanilla extract and sugar, with the flat beater on; mix it until well blended on low speed. Add mashed bananas and salt and let it mix. Now start adding flax seed meal and then whole wheat flour, at this point the batter will be very thick, start adding water, the trick here will be to add enough water to have a nice and smooth batter, whole wheat flour takes all the water in, so you will need to add 1 tablespoon at a time.
Once you achieve the texture of batter, add baking soda and then baking powder just until well mixed (don’t over mix it), turn off the mixer.
With a spatula, fold in walnuts.
Spray Pam spray or just grease a loaf pan and pour batter in.
Cook it in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. Once you insert a toothpick or knife and comes clean, turn off oven and let it cool down before getting it out of the pan.
Your delicious and healthy Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread Recipe is ready!
Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread Recipe